Thursday, July 17, 2008

Before the Fall...

Hmm, lazy morning, sleeping in, dreaming of tennis balls -- Hey wait a minute! It's Saturday!!! Time to go to Farmers' Market across the street and get some snacks for Petey.

Hi Robert, no time to chat and chew today, I just remembered the BONE MAN is saving me a bone today. Gotta dash!

I guess you could say this is our front yard. This is the park across the street from where I live and every Saturday, there's a Farmers' Market there with all sorts of delicious food.

Hey wait a minute...a daisy and a butterfly...does Daisy know about this?

The food tents are set up all around the outside of the park. Lots of times, we'll run into Asta's Daddi here after we've all been to the run.

Hmm, the turkey man and the cheese man are here. Two of my regular stops. But first, I've got to go visit...

The BONE MAN! Here I am, waiting patiently in line...

YIPPEE!!! The BONE MAN is here! And guess what? Since I've been waiting for weeks (months in dog time!) for the dog bones to arrive, he gave me a big juicy one for FREE! Can you see why I love to see the BONE MAN?

He brought along his cute new puppy. Wow - I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to be the BONE MAN'S dog. The only thing better would be if he played tennis, too....


Sorry Mommy, I didn't mean to imply that I'd want to live anywhere else but with you.
Could you marry the BONE MAN perhaps??? 

Here's the Turkey Man. He's also very nice and always gives me a sample of what he's cooking on a toothpick. He even cools it off for me in the ice. 


Hmmm. You don't think this sign means ME do you?

More flowers, yeah, yeah - Mommy, you can't EAT flowers. On to the produce stands!

Okay, even I think these look pretty.

Do my eyes deceive me? Is that a mountain of orange tennis balls? Round, fuzzy...juicy?

Waiting in line once more, this time to get my Snausage from the Produce Lady.

Okay, we're almost done. One more stop at the bakery table. Wonder if any kids have dropped some cookie crumbs under the table? A nice dessert treat!

Ahhh, a great morning at the Market, now on to the dog run for a refreshing dip in the pool and a visit with my pals...



Well, you all know how that Saturday ended! Mommy thanks you all for your kind words about her ankle. She had an MRI today and won't get the results back until Monday at the earliest, Thursday at the latest. But the doctor is ordering a walking cast - when he asked Mommy her shoe size she told him "7 or 7 1/2, though I can go up or down a size in Prada." (She's hoping for a Gucci cast.)

Betty's Mom left a comment in the previous post. She's been comforted by your outpouring of kindness towards her, though she is "still reeling" and won't get over this for a long time. 

Thank you all for being such wonderful, kind-hearted pups (and 2-leggeds). As Mommy's minister once said "May I be the person that my dog thinks I am."

17 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute blog! I have a little Cairn named Petey too! We have a blog, but unfortunately, Petey has to share blog space with me, he doesn't have his own, but still there are some pictures and stories on there you might like, both Petey's have similar crazy sleeping positions.

http://kellyandherlittledogtoo.blogspot.com/

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Petey,
Oh you lucky boy!! You had a free bone from Mr Boneman, how lucky is that! Heheh.. I don't think you mom will be happy with you if you tried to jump onto that pile of orange tennis balls though..

Lorenza said...

Hi, Petey!
Is that the way you use to spend your saturdays?? it is pawsome!
The markets here are closed places so I can't go inside!
I'd love to be Mr. Boneman friend!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Dewey Dewster said...

Wow Petey...

It's really nice that ya have a farmers market so close by...ya never think of those things bein' in the heart of New York....'n it's so nice that ya can get bones 'n treats just fer stoppin' by with yer Mom...but the dog run is super with that pool and a place fer ya ta run' n chase the ball.....enjoy it.....

Dewey Dewster here.....

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

We're still thinking of Sweet Betty, Petey...and will continue to think of her in the days to come!

Um...bone man looks fab...and ya get samples of that cooked meat? MMMMMMMMM...

SILLY DOG...THOSE ARE PEACHES...not tennis balls...Buy a bunch of them, and I'll come with my blender. Your mom will forget she even fell after a few of my peach drinkies.....we'll use the ice off of her ankle!

Barkin' at ya...love, Lacie

Joe Stains said...

wow I am so jealous of your fabulous farmers market, I so wish we had something cool like that here!!

Deefor said...

Hi Petey
Nice Saturday morning. We go to the farmer's market too sometime. I like to lick all the stuff on the sidewalk. We don't have a bone man! He needs to come to Colorado. I think you should jump in those tennis balls and find out who's right about them.

Deefor

Asta said...

Petey
I'm so glad you showed evewyone ouw mawket..isn't it the best???
Yhey always have tweats fow us doggies, and we always bump into each othew and catch up on doggie gossip..I'm so sowwy about youw Mom'sleg, but What a gweat oppowtunity fow new shoes, hehehe
smoochie kisses
ASTA

i said...

You are one lucky boy, Petey! What a lot of goodies you've got there, more than bargained for!

Does Mr Boneman needs any more doggy friends? I could be a nice one *wink wink*

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh... your trip to the market sure is fun. And you got free bone. :) How Pawsome

~ Girl girl

Eric said...

Your Farmers Market looks pawsome. I'm glad to see you have duped those 2 leggededs into giving you free bones and Turkey just by looking cute eh? Works a treat evry time.You need to work on Mommy hooking up with the bone man... make sure it's not the Flower 2 leggededs she takes a shine too.

How's Mommy ankle today? Geez, paw thing, must be so painful. Hope the MRI scan shows up clear. Mom says she needs to treat herself to a new pair of Jimmi's when she's cast free!!!

Wags, Eric

PPPee s. Mom like Harvey Nicks too - she is proud to say she added them to her client list this week as she did some work for them!!... Your end she likes Takashmya, Barneys and ABC Home!!And lots more too...!!!

Molly the Airedale said...

Your farmer's market looks like a blast to us, Petey! Mom says she can smell those ripe peaches! We're so glad you got a bone!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Stanislaw said...

After seeing those market photos I just HAD to know what's in your meat locker. So, I've tagged you in a little game. Come to my blog to check it out!

Those fuzzy tennis balls look like so much fun!

Daisy said...

Petey, it sure looks fun where you live! I think I would enjoy going to a Farmers' Market like that, especially if there are pretty daisies. I am still waiting for my butterflies to hatch.

Amber-Mae said...

It's sooo kewl that you have a Turkey Farm just opposite your home. I wish we had a Turkey Farm just outside our home too. I think that Turkey man recognizes you well. He should give you more turkey pieces. becoz you're a special customer...

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Princess Patches said...

Petey, your farmers market looks like a great place to go. Those tennis balls (I mean, Peaches) look very yummy! We hope your mom's ankle is better soon!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Petey, I think you should start serious planning on fixing up your mum with the boneman. Or maybe the cheeseman. That would do too.