Saturday, July 19, 2008

Weekend update!

Wow, is it ever hot here! I've been laying low, hanging out in front of the fan. Mommy FINALLY remembered my complimentary bone from the BONE MAN that's been in the freezer all week and just gave it to me. It's kinda like a porksicle! Delish.

Anyhow, my good friend Asta sent me an award! How cool is that? Here's a nice picture of her with our pal Butch at the dog run. Not the same Butch of Butchie and Snickers, but a swell guy nonetheless.

I think it's a beautiful award and I am proud to display it in my awards cabinet. I'd like to pass it on to Clover, Noah and the Girls, and Sen-Chan and Tom!

I am very excited to go to Snickers birthday party tomorrow! I was up all night trying to decide just the right ball to give her. Do you think she'd prefer a rubber ball or a tennis ball? Brand new or Petey-tested and approved? Or maybe a customized Cuz with the legs already conveniently chewed off and the squeaker long gone? Asta's going to come over and help me decide.



I have a secret to confess. I've kinda been having a pawsome time since Mommy hurt her leg! My pal Liola (she's really 7 but she tells everyone she's 8 because her birthday is just three months away. Mommy does not believe in this acceleration of the aging process...) has been visiting her grandparents down the hall and taking great care of me while Bear's daddies are away this weekend. We've gone for super long walks down to the river, she's shared her pineapple popsicle with me—she even took me to see the Turkey Man this morning! And she never complains when I accidentally on purpose push the ball under the furniture, unlike a certain one-legged we all know.

Okay - back to my bone until Liola gets home from the swimming pool!

10 comments:

Asta said...

Hi Petey
That is a hooge decision you have tomake, and I'm vewy happy that you awe so analytical and sewious about it. You suwe awe lucky wif youw bone and that sweetie little giwl who plays wif you....but that's what comes to you if you'we a gweat guy like you..tweats, fwiends and awawds....... in a pawfect wowld.
See you tomowwow!(you bettew help e tie my top, cause Stanley can't get hewe) Wait till you see the sewvie on Aiw Wuby!!!!
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Daisy said...

Enjoy your porksicle! I think Snickers will love whichever present you choose.

Molly the Airedale said...

Congratulations on your award, Petey!
Snickers will love anything that you give her! She's a very gracious girlie!
See you tomorrow at her pawty!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Joe Stains said...

Glad you are enjoying the time while your Mom is injured, BUT, I sure hope she is feeling better soon. Good luck on your decision!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Petey!
How is your mom feeling today? I hope she is not in much pain.
Porksicle? Sounds delicious!
Did you make a decision already about your present for Snickers??
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Hi Petey! Thanks for that beautiful award. We are very touched!!!

It sounds like you're having a great time despite the heat. Parties, popsicles, ball selection.... It makes the heat almost bearable!

Have fun at Snickers' birthday party!

Bon Dimanche!
Sen-Chan and Tom

Amber-Mae said...

Oh, can't wait to see all of you at Snicker's Barkday pawty!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Goofy said...

Petey, congratulations on your award!!!

Snickers would appreciate anything you'll give!!!

love
goofy

Noah the Airedale said...

Petey, we're honoured that you're passing this award onto us. Thanks so much matie and we'll see you on aire-ruby for Snickers' pawty.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess Lucy xxxx

the many Bs said...

hey Petey, we see thatyou like tennis balls as much as we do. we have a bunch of them - some under the couch and some in the back yard. that silly Benson likes to hide them under the bed, but we can always find a few when we need them.

we'll see you at Snickers' party.

woofs!