Wednesday, November 18, 2009

House-hunting for Kira and Khrya

So Mom and I were strolling down Bleecker Street the other day, and look what we came across - the perfect new dog house for Khyra and Kira! You'll remember, I was house-hunting for me and Rosie earlier this year and came across several options that would be perfect for my friends.

This looked too good to be true, so I went inside and had a look around.


It seemed much bigger inside. I heard the sound of ice grinding and came across Lacie with her ever-present blender and her BFF Asta. "Just imagine all the parties we could have here before we'd ever run out of ice," yelped Lacie over the blender. "Of course, I wouldn't want Kira and Khyra's house to melt when I brought over a particularly hot date..."

Wandering further into the igloo, I heard the gentle tinkling of piano music — The Waltz of the Snowflakes to be precise. And there was the Not-so-Little-Man and Clive in the music room, with Murray tickling the ivories and Clive wagging his tail like a metronome
.
Speaking of music, I became an official Sing-a-lot Boy performing an impromtu rendition of "She's Cold as Ice" with Rosie accompanying us on the organ.

Finally I found Kira and Khyra doing what they do naturally — lounging gracefully and looking beautiful.
Hope you gals will be happy in your new home—at least until January thaw!

18 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Oh Petey!

Tank woo fur the igloo!

It is pawesome and perfekht!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I wonder if they do make sound dampening materials fur shrieks and skhreams?!?

Sally said...

Wow - that looks like a fun igloo! Great photos - boy, that Lacie never goes anywhere without that blender?

Licks
Sally and Paddy

Martha said...

Hi Petey
That is exactly the right house for Kira & Khyra - a little chilly for us hounds!
We were thinking of you this morning as we both shared a New York Bagel - we rather liked the taste and might relocate to New York!!!
love and kisses
Aunties Martha & Bailey xxxx

Martha said...

ps we were not allowed a little salt from the shaker but mum had some on her tomato!!!

Clive said...

Brillant! Can't wait until Murray gets home from school to show him Clive and himself in an igloo! He will be so impressed!!

Khyra and Kira looked wonderful there too!

take care
Clive & Murray's Mom

the magic sleigh said...

Wooos! Petey! Thanks for helping find my new home, I can only hope that it is as cool as winter in there in the summer. I wonder if it would melt in the Florida sun... While it was nice to have visitors... some need to go home...
-Kira The BeaWootiful

Dexter said...

What a perfect place for those two fluffy tail gals. Me? I would need a lot of smoothies to live there.

Slobbers,
Mango

Gus said...

Absolutely Pawfect place for Khyra and Kira...and so good to see Rosie again.

gussie

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

What a great house for Khyra and Kira - we sure hope they will have an open house soon so we can go visit.

woos, the OP Pack

Lucy-Fur, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

That's an AWESOME house! Maybe there'll be room for me to visit because I'd really like to hear Murray play (and I'd like to see Clive...*grin*). Although I bet Lacie's drinks are pretty potent!

*kissey face*
-Fiona

doyle and mollie said...

wow petey you most certainly have a good eye! what an awesome home...

Deborah said...

Smokes would love the igloo!
Very cute! What a fun place!

Lorenza said...

That sure is a pawesome house!
Too cold for me but sure Khyra and Kira are going to love it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Honestly, Petey...there are times when my blender is not present...um...well, just cuz I can't think of any doesn't mean ur right....

It was a tad bit cool in that igloo...Khyra still was perspiring in all that FLUFF.

Fortunately, the smoothies cooled her off quickest...


No much new here...Scruffy told me a mouse had burrowed into my side so I ate a hole in it last night...hoooge hot spot...turns out the stoopid Scruffy was fibbin'...

SHEESCH...

Kisses...Laciegirlie

Molly the Airedale said...

What a perfect house for Khyra and Kira, Petey! You're so smart and a great shopper!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Stella said...

Now all you have to do is move it up here where it will stay frozen, Khyra!

Bring it Wednesday, we are getting snow then!

Kisses,
Stella

Piappies World said...

Hi Petey,

The house hunting tour is really cute! The igloo for Kira and Khyra sure look sooooo comfty!

- Scrappy, Bullet & the Piappies

Joe Stains said...

We are finally catching up, this house looks so totally perfect! Well, the bartender is a little questionable, but the rest is fab!